Monday, July 28, 2008

Going on Tour

Tomorrow I am heading out on the Vans Warped Tour to see what "the kids" are into these days. Don't worry, I've packed some earplugs.



I went on Warped Tour last year, and learned a lot about what young adults think of the nonprofit I work for (peta2). It was an amazing experience with incredible, direct feedback- far surpassing any survey or study that comes past my desk about youth.

Nothing beats talking to your prime demographic in their prime element for 10 hours a day. I admit, it does help that I look a bit younger than I actually am- gotta get this field research will I still can!

The best part of going on the tour is that I get to evaluate first hand how peta2's outreach is doing. I also get to scout out what other nonprofits (and more importantly- other corporations) are doing to get the youth's eyes and ears.

So for the next few days I will be M.I.A. in the blogging world, but will make sure to tell you all the juicy details when I get back.

No comments: