Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why I Love Gydget

I love widgets so much, I even list them as one of my interests on Facebook. Widgets are amazing. They drive traffic, raise funds, play videos, provide info, and even feed your cats while you're on vacation (OK- maybe not the last one). The only things I don't like about widgets is that they can be both pricey and complicated to create, which is not good news for nonprofits with a small staff and small budget.

However, there is a widget god. If you are looking to create an easy and effective widget on a shoestring budget (i.e. no budget), look no further than Gydget.

I made the following widget in less than an hour, with little nohow, and it has already had over 100,000 unique views since launching in June.

Banner 2 Banner 1 go!


Gydget is free and easy, which is music to ones ears if they are a non-developer marketer like myself.

P.S. The peta2 Woof widget is ranked 3rd on top grabbed widgets this week right behind Lil Wayne. That just makes me smile.

P.P.S. Gydget did not pay me to write this. To prove it, I also recommend Sprout Builder for all your widget making needs.

No comments: