Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Warped Tour Wrap-Up!

Back! It's been an exhausting couple of weeks, but I missed you, so I'm back. As I said in my last post, I was on Warped Tour with the nonprofit I work for, peta2. I may not have liked the music, and I came back with a bit of a farmer's tan, but I did enjoy all the great feedback and incite I got from it. Here's a lil' breakdown of the three most popular nonprofits (besides peta2) that were/are on this year's Warped Tour:

Truth: Truth was there in all its orange glory. Truth consistently attracted large crowds by playing crazy games and giving away a ton of free tees and booty shorts. I was not really sure how the games exactly drilled into the audience that smoking was bad (Thriller dance off?), but they did do a good job of secretly branding all that partook in the festivities. *Their Warped site is pretty good too.


To Write Love On Her Arms: Their t-shirts were EVERYWHERE. From the people attending to the bands to the catering staff. Everyone was sporting TWLOHA. Their booth was always packed. Unfortunately, their booth offered nothing more than tees for sale, and left me thinking where does all the suicide prevention stuff come into play?


Keep A Breast: Another very popular t-shirt on the tour was Keep A Breast's "I Love Boobies" tee. But unlike, TWLOHA, Keep A Breast had plenty of information available about breast cancer prevention when I visited their booth. Keep an eye on this one...

No comments: